Mobile apps can help you do what you do better, cheaper, faster or just cooler.
Enterprise applications are mobile software tools custom designed for your operation. They can leverage the power of all those devices your employees, customers and vendors carry around to achieve your goals. It’s an exciting concept but it’s not an easy task.
You should expect an enterprise mobile app to cost more and take a lot longer to develop than most consumer marketing apps. Complex issues with security and data integration need to be carefully planned and implemented.
Here are a few things to consider before the design and development of an enterprise app can begin:
1. Who is going to use this thing: Is the application for an internal department, your entire company, your strategic partners?
2. Does your Mom have to like it?: Will customers or the general public be using it or seeing it?
3. Does it have to talk to the mother ship?: Will your users need to log in or access internal systems?
4. How will we protect it from the bad guys: How much security will be necessary and how will it be implemented?
5. Will it be used all over the place?: Will users be out of the office using wireless? Will it be location-based?
6. Is there a hall monitor?: Who will be responsible for updating and maintaining the app and the devices it runs on? Will there be someone in charge of training and troubleshooting?
7. Can you train it to get along?: How will you integrate the app with other systems currently in place?
9. Can it pass the test?: How will you test this app? Will it need to grow with the changing needs of your users?
We’d love to help you answer some of these questions. Contact us today.